The SIMPROCESS Getting Started Manual
is recommended for first time SIMPROCESS users. The manual includes an introduction to SIMPROCESS modeling, instructions on installing SIMPROCESS, and descriptions of the demonstration models included with SIMPROCESS.
Each part of the SIMPROCESS User’s Manual
can be opened directly from the Help/SIMPROCESS Manuals menu. It is divided into five parts.
- Part A describes all the components required to build a model and prepare it for simulation. The model layout, Activities and Processes, Entity Types, Resources, and graphical components are covered. Also, the statistical modeling capabilities and simulation run settings are explained.
- Part B discusses running a simulation and looking at simulation results along will all the reporting options. Plots and dashboards are also included in this part.
- Part C covers model browsing, model searching, and model navigation along with the library and template feature. Model bundling, which eases the sharing of model with others is explained, and the XPDL import/export features are discussed.
- Part D explains SIMPROCESS System and user-defined Attributes along with SIMPROCESS Expressions, Functions, and System Methods.
- Part E focuses on analysis. It explains Scenarios and Scenario Reports, the Experiment Manager, the SIMPROCESS Database, OptQuest for SIMPROCESS (optimization), and running models without the SIMPROCESS user interface.
The SIMPROCESS Reference Manual describes the SIMPROCESS menus and toolbars, and it defines the various SIMPROCESS modeling components (Entity Types, Activities, Resources, etc.) along with the simulation components such as delaying, branching, and Resource assignments. In addition, the SIMPROCESS statistical capabilities are described. Finally, the SIMPROCESS preference settings are discussed.
The SIMPROCESS Tutorial Manual contains an introductory and an advanced tutorial. The introductory tutorial steps a user through the basics of building a model, running a simulation, and evaluating alternatives. The advanced tutorial begins with building a model then expanding the model to use some of the more advanced features of SIMPROCESS.
Building Your First SIMPROCESS Model
Building Your First SIMPROCESS Model
- Recommended Preferences
- Building the Process Flow
Building the Process Flow
- Generating Entities
- Processing Entities
- Adding Delays, Times and Resources
Adding Delays, Times and Resources
- Disposing Entities
- Saving the Model
- Running the Model
- Viewing the Standard Report
Viewing the Standard Report
SIMPROCESS models have the ability to let an outside agent manage the advancement of simulation time. That agent is the SIMPROCESS TimeServer. This document describes the TimeServer application and its operational concept, the included TimeServerMonitor application, and the technical information needed by developers to help applications other than SIMPROCESS take advantage of the TimeServer.
The ExpressionDemos directory includes a number of SIMPROCESS models that demonstrate one or more of the SIMPROCESS Expression Language features. This document describes many of these demo models.
SIMPROCESS has a proven track record in its role as a modeling and simulation tool. More and more often, however, it’s useful to be able to call on simulation capabilities and use the results to make automated business decisions. SIMPROCESS can provide that capability through the DispatcherService, a Web service that can be deployed in a Web Container (an application supporting the Java Servlet Specification) or Application Server, and the SIMPROCESS Dispatcher. This document provides details on the components required to use this capability.
The Metadata Manual describes how to build and edit SIMPROCESS metamodels, assign metamodels to a SIMPROCESS model, and enter metadata in a SIMPROCESS model.
Organization and Resource Models
The OrgModel Manual describes how to build and edit SIMPROCESS Organization and Resource Models (OrgModels) and assign OrgModels to a SIMPROCESS model.
Simulation Modeling Methods: To Reduce Risks and Increase Performance
(CD-ROM included) highlights the features of SIMPROCESS and is available at amazon.com
. This book is based on a very early version of SIMPROCESS but the capabilities demonstrated are still available but greatly expanded.